Chasing Equity The Challenges, Triumphs and Opportunities in Sports for Girls and Women, Women’s Sports Foundation
A comprehensive report on the current landscape for girls and women in sport including challenges, barriers, progress and opportunities. Using these findings, we developed calls to action that stakeholders and the public can use as a springboard for making change.
A national survey of more than 2,300 female leaders in sport provides additional insight on where progress has been made, where things have stalled and what steps can be taken to empower girls and women as participants and as leaders within sport. The report examines the state of girls’ and women’s sports through a broad lens. Areas of focus include: sport participation opportunities for girls and women; the barriers that limit and/or hinder participation; critical health and safety concerns; Title IX and its ongoing role in supporting the infrastructure for equal access to sport participation; the representation of women working in sport and the climate they encounter, including pay equity and equal treatment issues; the level and quality of sport media coverage of female athletes and the representation of women working in sports media.
Downloads & Resource Files
Download Insight assets
- Chasing Equity.pdf
- Scout Bassett, Track & Field, WSF Travel & Training Fund recipient 560KB JPEG
- Chasing Equity Executive Summary.pdf 1.8MB PDF
- Chasing Equity Full Report.pdf 5.2MB PDF
- Chicago Red Stars 270KB JPEG
- Ellen Tomek, Rowing, WSF Travel & Training Fund recipients with participants of Row New York 430KB JPEG
- Erica Wheeler, Basketball, WSF Athlete Ambassador 360KB JPEG
- Meghan Duggan 150KB JPEG
- Natasha Watley Foundation 270KB JPEG
- WSF Founder Billie Jean King 490KB JPEG